Sunday, August 30, 2009

Three Days Later

I think I'm nearing the end of the grieving/mourning process of the breakup. I am about to consume my second meal of the day, which when consumed will be twice the amount of food that I ate yesterday. And although I broke down again today, it was only twice (maybe three times) and it wasn't as intense. I have no fear now of repeating the "dark days" that stretched from March 2005 to September 2005. I'm not saying that I'm going to enjoy the next few weeks. What I'm saying is that I'm not fearing them like I thought I would. Having a great network of great friends is a big help, and tonight I'm going to acknowledge the help, prayers, and counsel of Franz. I also want to acknowledge my pastor; I just got done meeting with him about fifteen minutes ago. It really helped to talk it all out to him.

The rebuilding has started, and the task doesn't seem as Herculanean as I thought it would be. A dear friend named Barb has been thru something similar, and so has another dear friend named Elizabeth. I think the three of us will get together and go out dancing before too long. We'll be good at watching each other's backs. I don't know if I'll get involved again with the local singles groups, but I'll keep tabs on what they're up to in case there's an event that I want to join them in. I also figure that I'll be busy with what I consider to be my interesting hobbies, one of which now appears to be this blog.

When I started this blog, I really wasn't intending to use this as a dumping ground for my personal problems. I instead wanted it to be a collection of commentaries and insights spanning a wide variety of subjects. Maybe I'd really like to be a newspaper columnist; I have admired some of the writings of Mike Royko (who is no longer with us) and dang near all of the writings of Dr. Thomas Sowell. I have no pretense of ever becoming as well-known as Dr. Sowell, but I'd like to think that in my own way my readers will find my postings to be as fascinating as I find Dr. Sowell's.

I think now that this drama that's consumed me these past few days is over. Or at least I hope it is. As I said yesterday, I hold no malice toward Kathleen. I do have an issue with the way in which she did this, but it's really best to start the process of moving on.

Life is good. In spite of the pain that we encounter, life is still good. I think the pain is something that goes on to make us strong people. It ain't fun, but when we're thru a situation we can look back at it and realize that it strengthened us.

I just hope that it's a while before I have to be strengthened in this manner.

That's all for this evening.

Don't forget to pet a dog or a cat. The dog or the cat that you pet will like it, and it will make you a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment