Thursday, August 27, 2009

Breaking Up

Kathleen and I have broken up. Even though I wondered if one was coming, I am stunned by the reality that it actually happened. There were some compatibility issues, even though we were very close in some other respects. I had offered to go to counseling, but she wouldn't hear of it. Her reason was that only married people go to counseling.......which although married people do go to counseling, I don't personally think that there's anything wrong with a boyfriend and girlfriend going to counseling.

To be honest, in the last two months, I had the sense that I was going through the motions. Some of that had emerged while we were on our trip. I wasn't sure though if this was a temporary phase or not, but at this point I'm not sure that it would be worth the effort to attempt a reconciliation.

So, relationship-wise, one chapter has ended, and the next will soon be written. I know that I will have to get back out there, like the cowboy who gets thrown off the horse will have to get back on.

However, if the cowboy hurts from his fall, he may wait a few days before he rides again. In a situation like mine, I may wait a few weeks, or maybe a few months. There are a lot of game-players out there, and I really don't look forward in having to weed them out again.

I do hope though that the next one will be "the one".

No comments:

Post a Comment