Friday, August 7, 2009

Odds and Ends, 8/7/09

The headlines these past few days have been interesting. We have a raging debate over health care reform, and Congressional representatives facing constituents during their August recess. I'm still digesting the articles, commentaries and video links, but the one thing that comes to mind is that the politicians just don't get it. The Democratic leadership is labelling those who show up to protest as "Nazis" (Speaker Pelosi actually accused them of carrying swastikas, as if anybody these days is really going to do that!).

I can't decide which is worse, a bunch of Democrats trying to force this down our throats or a bunch of impotent Republicans hiding under their desks out of fear of standing up to the Democrats. I keep getting fundraising letters from the Republicans (I'm a registered independent), and I can't see the point in donating money to a party that became the party that they ran against in 1994.

As I said, the politicians just don't get it.



* * * * * * *

Sunsets in Arizona are very beautiful. Each night in the western sky God paints a picture for us that no photographic equipment can possibly capture the elegance of what you see. I can observe them from my neighborhood, but I really ought to drive the four or five miles east on Broadway where I can watch them from the Saguaro National Park.



* * * * * * *
While away on vacation there came an email from my cousin Todd. We were drawn for deer tags in Unit 34B, which is in Cochise County. I know part of the unit but I need to do some scouting runs regardless. Part of the preparation for the hunt is pre-season scouting runs, in an effort to not only learn the area, but to learn the habits of the wildlife there. I hope I can get down there one weekend from now.



* * * * * * *

That's it for now. May everyone who reads this enjoy peace, prosperity, and good health. Don't forget to pet a dog or a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment