Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday, 8/9/20: Tucson AZ

I am doing much better today than I have for these past few days.  I am getting used to not being followed upstairs by a black furball who demanded a lot of attention from me.  I'm still sad, but I am not second-guessing myself.  Cancer is a cruel disease.  It was going to take a loyal friend away from me if I didn't intervene.  Moe died with cancer, but not from it.

I am also getting back into doing what I normally do on a weekend.  I went on the air Friday night and worked several European stations.  A new country emerged from that:  Luxembourg.  That one took three different series of attempts.  I've heard that station on before but he only activates during a major contest.  It was a special contest call....LX7I.

Yesterday afternoon I went back on.  Conditions weren't great here.  I could hear the east coast guys working Europe, but I couldn't hear the Europeans.  I took a break, returned later on, and got Europe a few more times.  And another new country:  Estonia.  That makes 94 countries I have worked from here and that magic number of 100 is closer yet.

Also last night, I cooked an Indian dish.  I love Indian cuisine and I'm thinking that I will soon make an attempt at making butter chicken from scratch.  The Patak brand of butter chicken sauce is delicious and you can find it at the Evil Walmart Neighborhood Market store.  Sheila tried to find it again yesterday at the Evil Walmart big box store down the road, but couldn't, so she brought back a different brand.  We didn't like it as much.  Yet this morning I finished the leftovers and it tasted great!  Chili will do that too.  So is the secret to make it the night before, and then wait until the next day?

The afternoon is still young here, so the next thing I will do is go out on the back patio with a good book and a cold brew.

I will miss Moe terribly for some time.

It's not easy losing a loyal friend.  Even if he was a Lieutenant Demander.

No comments:

Post a Comment