Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bachman & Turner!

After a week of turmoil on more than one front, I couldn't have asked for a better end to this week, as that in the mailbox this afternoon were the five copies of the new Bachman & Turner CD!  I haven't yet listened to all the tracks (I'm listening to it now as I type this) but I can already recommend this as a "must purchase".

The first thing that leaps out at me was how the essence of the 70's heavy duty rock has been captured by this.  There's a definite Hendrix influence on "Moonlight Rider" and a Not Fragile influence in the leadoff track "Rolling Along".  "Rolling Along" has been described as the "sequel" to "Roll On Down the Highway" and "Slave to the Rhythm" as a sequel to "Takin' Care of Business".

I look forward to emailing Fred Turner to tell him "well done, and can we have ten more like this please?"

Five thumbs up on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment