Monday, December 14, 2009

The Holidaze........

I finally got the Christmas letter finished but I'm not sure I'll get to make the run to Kinko's tonight to get it copied for the Christmas cards. I was almost out the door at work when my boss asked me to compile some "metrics" on the two circuit cards I'm in charge of, so I was detained by one hour. I finally got out of there but had to take a different way home as that the left turn from Valencia onto Kolb is murder from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM.

Taking Ajo over to Golf Links is plan B, and for some reason it's better at 5:30 than it is at 4:30....so I went that way. Halfway between S 6th Avenue and Golf Links I was overtaken by three sheriff's deputies who were responding to a bad accident that was nearby. Upon coming home the local paper's website already had photos up.....and it looked bad too. I'm not sure if someone ran a red light (that's a real problem here) or if someone was texting while driving (which the state of Arizona seems unwilling to outlaw).

Accidents happen year 'round, but they sure seem to be on the upswing during the holidaze. The way some people drive, you'd think man is evolving into ape.

* * * * * * *

From the Department of Corrections: Randy Bachman and Fred Turner will tour as "Bachman & Turner", and not as BTU. The names Bachman-Turner United and Bachman-Turner Union were registered in both the U.S. and Canada, after which Randy and Fred were immediately served with a lawsuit by former BTO members seeking an injunction against the names they registered. Former members Rob Bachman and Blair Thornton own the BTO and Bachman-Turner Overdrive names and have brought this suit, and from what I know of the suit they allege that this could cause confusion among the public and thus deprive the plaintiffs of income.

I was talking to Mark about this last night. Seems as if every successful band from the 70s has these kinds of situations. I'm trying to think of one band that's been immune from members and former members suing each other (or vice versa) and I can't come up with any.

It must be the nature of the business.

* * * * * * *

I am leaving for San Jose on the 17th. That's official. Start time is approximately one hour after my morning shower.....whenever that is. It could be early as 1:00 AM or as late as 8:00 AM.

I'll be bringing the laptop along, and will post while I'm on the road.

I think I need this trip.

* * * * * * *

Word from the Bay Area is that Franz' dad is having surgery tomorrow and it's serious. Franz has been a good friend for over twelve years. I used to work with both him and his dad at Loral AeroSys, which later became Lockheed Martin Space Mission Systems.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

* * * * * * *

I'm tired, and it's not yet eight of the clock. I think I'll sign now.

No comments:

Post a Comment