Tuesday, September 22, 2026

As if I Needed Another Retirement Project

Last night I got the wild hare to download all the photos from my cellphone onto my computer.  You would think it would have been an easy task.  But nope.  Everything has to be fight.  In a world where you can't walk across the street at 2:00 AM to get to the mailbox without a car suddenly coming down the road at you, everything has to be a fight.

I'll have to admit that I haven't explored all of the capabilities of my smackphone..........oops, smartphone.  I learned right away that the computer and the cellphone didn't want to talk to each other, and it was at the cellphone end.  I was able to stumble upon the USB settings to allow the transfer of the photos and then to get the ball rolling.  But did all of the photos make it over to that destination photo that I created?

Nope.  Not all of them did.  Everything has to be a fight.  The first two hundred or so of them did.  The rest?  They didn't.  It might have something to do with what version of camera software was in use at the time I took the photos.  The 2018 photos went over, but I was using a different camera for them.  I can't remember how long I've now had this phone, but it might have been 2022.

Anyway, I fought with it some more, and learned how to select the phots individually.  But then they didn't want to go to the folder I wanted them to, but they would go to the "Personal" folder on this computer, which has photos from years back........and dang, did I take a lot of pictures back then, or what?  I created a folder for this last road trip.

But it wasn't over.  I had to open them in Paint, save as JPEG files, then shrink them so they would fit on a page.  The results are now available on a new page I created here last night, and I'm thinking I should have taken more photos than I did.  That means we have to do the trip all over again, right?  Sheila won't mind, but would rather see some new things and go in a different direction on the next one.  And that might be San Diego as that my mother-in-law is over her ear infections and will feel comfortable in going thru those mountains that I-8 climbs thru.

And yes, I now have a new retirement project.  I realized that one page won't be enough to house the collection, and the next photo page will be called "Recent Photos" and for the time being will duplicate what I have on the "Miscellaneous Photos" that I created last night.  I have tried renaming some pages on this blog, but couldn't make the changes look like I wanted them to, so "Miscellaneous" will remain just that and new pages dedicated to past road trips will eventually be created.

I didn't really need to take another project on, but sometimes having five or six of these going at once does make for a varied day.  Maybe deep down inside I fear boredom, and I don't do well in situations where there is nothing to do and all day to do it in.  I've changed jobs because of that.  

With that I'm going to call this a post.  I'm chained to the house for the rest of the day while covering for a major A/C job that we've got going on with the house.  So it's spend time with my projects, and maybe get a new photo page or two posted.  

I know; I could do Facebook, but this blog is as far as it goes with documenting what goes on with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment