Sunday, February 14, 2016

Time to Catch Up!

This month has been something of a whirlwind.  On Wednesday the 3rd I went in for an onsite interview at the medical device firm, and faced two panel interviews.  The first panel was on the friendly side and the second one was a little more tough.  I have done panel interviews before, and while I personally don't like them it's not like you have a choice when you need to find some work.  I must have acquitted myself well, as that the very next day I learned that I had landed the job, and I accepted the offer on the spot.  The tentative start date is the 22nd, which meant that I had to make one more quick trip to Las Vegas to empty out the apartment.

Sheila was able to come with me on this one, and she was a great help.  We arrived on the afternoon of 9th, spent a good chunk of the 10th cleaning it out and getting ready to hand it over to the leasing office, and we were back in Tucson on the evening of the 11th.  Both of us were dog tired the next few days, but the important thing is, is that I am back in Tucson, I will be returning to the workforce sooner rather than later (thanks to the intervention of the Good Lord), and I have my hands full unpacking and re-arranging things.  The house is crowded and I've been busy going thru boxes and closets and downsizing.  There's also been plenty of yardwork and much more plenty of that to do, but I'm overwhelmed in a good sense as that I have finally returned home, and am no longer in Trashcan......excuse me........Las Vegas.

I could write some more about what's been on my mind from all of this, but I feel the need to finish processing the move and getting control of the yard. 

It's really good to be home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment