Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Move from Nevada is Completely Complete

The move is now finished!  The credit card billing addresses were finally updated; the electricity to the apartment is now shut off, and this morning I visited the Motor Vehicle Department to register the truck back into Arizona, and once again there is an Arizona plate on the rear (Arizona does not issue a front plate).

When I first moved here in 1999, I couldn't wait to get the California plates off the truck.  I went in one morning to re-register, and they made me surrender the back plate (they let me keep the front) and I went to get the driver license taken care of in another visit.

Nevada also made me surrender the back plate when I registered the truck there in December 2014.  It was faded from years of exposure from the desert sun so it wasn't collectible, in my opinion.  To my surprise, MVD didn't want the Nevada plates, but offered to have them destroyed if I wanted.  I wanted to keep both of them to add to my license plate collection, and they will be eventually displayed in my garage (I rotate the display frequently) and I'm glad to be adding a new Nevada design to the collection.

The Nevada common plate currently in use is a decent design, and looked good on the truck, and in one way I regret that it's no longer there.  There is no shame in having a Nevada plate on your vehicle like there would be if you had a California plate.  Of course, the commemorative Las Vegas plate that is offered by Nevada advertises that you live in Trashcan and like it, and I'm not sure that it's a good thing if you drive a vehicle adorned like that out of Clark County. 

In other news, the background check on me is now done, and I report to my new employer this coming Monday at 8:00 AM.  The commute is the only drawback, however I'm good friends with two of the managers of Quik Trip, and one of them delights in distributing $2 bills for me.  I've been a fan of the $2 bill for several years, and now that I'm back in the Old Pueblo I'll be ordering straps of these from my Wells Fargo branch.  I'll see if I can get Eisenhower dollars since he likes those as well.  It's free advertising for his store and he's told me on occasion that his customers get a kick out of the "odd" money.

Tomorrow morning there is one more visit to MVD to get my title updated (I'm adding Sheila to it), after which I finally get to goof off a little.  I'm having lunch with Tim O, who is one of the first friends that I made in Arizona.  I've also got a lot of yardwork to do, and I plan on getting some of that in as well.

It's really great to be home.  There are a few more people I need to reconnect with. 

You *can* go home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment