Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday, 6/9/14

When I arrived at work this morning there was an email from my supervisor.  I'm being placed in charge of a huge technical data package, this time having responsibility for schedule and budget.  It's a huge one; it will take some six months to execute.  I view it as a resume enhancer and I'm glad that this one landed in my lap!

I am also continuing support of the computer re-design effort, which is also a resume enhancer.  I split time between the two.  This places me in the position of having to serve two masters at once, and in the past that's not been a good position to be in.

However, the universe these days is not operating normally.  One of the deputy chief engineers came up with a quote last year that's still on my white board:  "Bizarre is normal". 

I know one of the two masters is pleased and my mission now is to please the other. 

I think I'll somehow manage to pull it off.
 
* * * * * * *

Sheila is now proudly displaying her engagement ring.  In all the time I've known her, I've never seen her this happy!  People keep asking us if we've set a date yet, and we haven't.....I mean, one thing at time.  I still need to get her a wedding band and we need to get a ring for me.

* * * * * * *

There has been a lot of controversy over the so-called Bergdahl Release.  I'm using the phrase "so-called" because I'm not sure at this point in time if the Obama administration paid a cash bribe, excuse me, ransom, to the Taliban.  What we do know at this point in time is that we don't know everything there is to know about this.

When this first broke, there were comments on the Yahoo articles that Bergdahl was a deserter.  I wasn't sure what to make out of all of this as that the initial news reports said he was being released after five years of "captivity".  It now seems as if these initial commenters are on to something, and we have a lot of veterans upset over how this all came about.

I'm not happy about this myself, as that the Taliban got the five guys that they most wanted.  I also see this as an opportunity that Obama had to weaken the country even further, and there was no way that he was going to let that go.

I feel the need to remind what audience I have here about something. 

The Republican Establishment, in the early 2009 timeframe, went on record to state that they wished to see Obama "succeed".  Every Republican in a leadership position in the RNC or in Congress said that.  "We want Obama to succeed!".  Not one of them has ever repudiated that.  Not John McCain.  Not Lindsey Graham.  Not Reince Preibus.

Bottom line: if you're hoping for articles of impeachment, forget it.  There's no way that will happen.  No way.

Remember:  the Republicans want Obama to succeed. 

You have to wonder why the Taliban is working to destroy the United States, while we have a Republican (and Democrat!) Establishment that is working to accomplish the same thing.....though albeit from within.

 
* * * * * * *

If I sound like I am thoroughly disgusted with both parties, it's because I am. 

I guess I could join the Libertarians, but I don't think they want me either.
 
* * * * * * *

Weather in Tucson has been hot, as can be expected this time of year, but I don't remember previous Junes being as hot as this one.  We had a mild winter and if we have a harsh summer then I wouldn't be surprised.

It does make me think we might be in for a colder winter than usual, as that we don't ever seem to find the middle ground here when it comes to weather.
 
* * * * * * *

That's it.  I'm out of here for now.

Don't forget to pet a dog or a cat!


No comments:

Post a Comment