Saturday, May 24, 2014

Myles Goodwyn is Retiring from the Road

Myles Goodwyn, the last remaining original member of April Wine, has announced that he will no longer be touring with them once their current tour commitments are met.  He plans to be a part of them as far as writing and recording goes, but he's had enough of the road.

As stated in the article for which I've provided the link, he had the choice of either folding the band, or letting the remaining three members continue on with a new singer/guitarist for touring purposes. 

As a longtime fan, I've got some mixed feelings about this.  I'm glad they're going to continue, and I'm glad that Myles has decided to keep working on new material, but my concern is that the road version of them will seem more like an April Wine tribute band than April Wine.

Regardless, I wish Myles well, and in a way I can't blame him for getting fed up with the travel. 

I know how some musicians feel about the traveling part of it; I've had some conversations with a few of them and have an insight as to what it's really like.

I'm not sure it's something I would want to do.

LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment