Friday, April 18, 2014

The New Computer is Up and Running!

The new computer was picked up from the nearest FedEx office last Monday but I wasn't able to get it up and running until now.  I am obviously connected to that information superhighway that Al Gore invented several years ago, and I'm learning this new OS, Windows 8.1.

As a longtime XP user, it's going to take some time getting used to.  I've had to get on the phone to Microsoft to get their help in being able to access the Office applications.....it isn't exactly obvious how to do this like it would be with XP or Windows 7.

That aside, I think I'm going to like this machine.  The new monitor has excellent graphics; I'm very impressed.

I've got some work to do though to get this machine to where I want it.  I'll have to transfer some files from the Dell onto CDs and then from the CDs onto the HP.  I'll have to get my favorite websites favorite on the browser here.  I need to call CenturyLink to somehow get their connection software downloaded onto here; they give me free Norton Antivirus.  I have McAfee on this new computer but I'm no fan of that outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment