Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday, the 18th of January, of 2010

There may finally be something happening on the eHarmony front. I can't go into details lest I jinx this.

I was in email correspondence over the holidaze with someone else from another site, and we met. Unfortunately in that instance it was obvious within five minutes that the chemistry wasn't going to be there.

With the latest......well........I guess we'll be finding out just how well eHarmony's matching system really works.


* * * * * * *

We are in for some clouds, overcast, and rain this week. We had light rain this morning. The sun did come out of the clouds about an hour ago, but but we're back to overcast.

It's one of those days where it's great to be out on the back patio with a cup of Joe.


* * * * * * *

We found out last week just *how* well things were going at work. Our project is in very fine shape. The customer is very pleased with us, and now we're moving into the next phase of development.

I'm not sure, but I might be in Rhode Island this coming April for a few days to witness the first tests of our circuit cards. At least the weather there should be better by then.

I can't say much about work, but I think it's safe to say that things are going well there.


* * * * * * *

Uncle Tony continues to make phenomenal progress. I sometimes wonder if he has any idea about how well he's regarded within our family. It's too bad that we're scattered all over the U.S., but each of us went to where the opportunities were there for us. That's one reason why I'm in Arizona.

I really should get out to Iowa when his recovery is complete.


* * * * * * *

Around Tucson, I haven't been all that active in the singles groups. I did accept an invitation over a week ago to attend a happy hour that one of the local "Meetup" groups did.

The people there were friendly, and I ran into a few folks I hadn't seen in a long time. One of them is someone who I'll identify only as "Snowbird Tom". I've known him for several years.
There were also some others that I know from TSP: Tucson Single Professionals.

As for another singles group, I did attend some happy hours from the Tucson Desert Singles before the holidaze. There's been some turnover of membership, which is good for that group. Just a few years ago there were some real bad apples hanging out there. I stopped going because of that.

Don't get me wrong, I've got some good friends that I made thru them. My housesitter is one of them. Former girlfriend Peggy is another. My housesitter, I, and a few others like to kick around the idea of going out dancing at the Maverick. Thing of it is, with my current eHarmony situation, I don't feel much like going out nor do I feel like attending happy hours.

I guess as far as the singles clubs go, they may be thinking that I must have fallen off the face of the earth.....again.


* * * * * * *

And so, I'm now alone in my thoughts of "what might be". I've been down this road before. I keep going down this road in the hope that this will be my last trip down this road.

To steal that line from that one Eagles song, "Put me on the highway......show me the sign.....take it.....to the limit......one more time".


* * * * * * *

Live long, and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment