Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Democrats....You Own This Now

This evening Donald Trump became the third President in history to be impeached.  I wasn't sure after the Clinton impeachment that I would see another one of these in my lifetime, but now I'm thinking I might see two or three more.  The standard of impeachment has now been cheapened to where a President can be impeached simply because those engineering the impeachment simply don't like him.

I had stated an opinion in my last post that the Republicans would not retaliate in the future.  I am thinking that I may be wrong in this.  Trump is a fighter among the likes we haven't seen since Andrew Jackson, and I think he's going to take this one to town.  The Democrats now own an issue that they can't run from, so they will have to run on this, and they're about to find out that 63 million Americans (and likely more) are angry, and this will come back to bite them.

Did I just say that the Republicans might retaliate?  I'd better re-think this.  I'm now going to bring up another thought I had earlier today.

After Trump leaves office, there is the possibility of the fatass politicians retaliating against the voter.  The Democrats certainly don't like the way that people vote and there is ample evidence that Establishment Republicans don't like it either.  Remember Trent Lott?  "Talk radio is running the country, and we've got to do something about it."   Do I dare accuse the Republican party of being in *support* of the Constitution?

Some of them will want to retaliate against a future Democrat President.

Whether or not that happens depend on how much of the swamp gets drained.

The Democrats are going ahead with this, and in one way I'm in favor of it.

It will be fun watching Mitt Romney squirm on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment