Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Day 2018

Today's Christmas was pretty much laid back.  We have been blessed by some really fine weather here in southern Arizona with temperatures reaching up to 75.  I am in the last day of a four day weekend, which kept me busy.  I've spent a lot of time on yardwork and a lot of time on the air via my ham radio setup.  I have also reached out to people I haven't talked to in quite a while and it's been good catching up. 

Tomorrow it's back to work, but I expect it to be a slow work week.  I have some things to do but I'm not right now overwhelmed.  My customer has shut down until the second of January, and I expect that things will pick up shortly after that.

After the challenging year that I have had I thought I would be depressed, but I'm not feeling that way.  I could say that I have kept so busy that I haven't had time to.  Maybe some pointyhead self-appointed psychiatric expert would say that I'm running from something, but I'm going to disagree.  I'm doing the yardwork since I have time to do it.  I'm busy in ham radio since I have time to do it.  I'm reading a Ted Williams biography that belonged to my father since I have time to do it.  What I haven't had time to do is work on my coin collection, but I'm getting things done and having fun.  That's all there is to it.  And yes, I am spending quality time with the cats, and with the family.

Next weekend will be another four day weekend.  My employer is open for business on the 31st but I'm taking the day off since I need to burn a vacation day, and that's a good day to do it.  My calendar is already filling up, as that I'm getting together with a local ham who wants to help me with mastering one of the newer digital modes.  Come to think of it, I probably ought to plan on barbecuing something given the weather.  I think they're forecasting colder temperatures for next weekend, but so what?  It's been a while since I've done a beer can chicken.  If I don't do that then it will be a tritip.  Maybe a pork loin roast.

That said, I think this is it for this evening.  I've said enough.

I'm now going to write something for my ham radio blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment