Sunday, February 8, 2015

Married Life is Great!

I don't have too much to report, aside from the fact that I am still pleased as punch that Sheila is now my wife.  I hate being away from her like this and it's going to be this way for a while.  I am returning to Tucson next weekend and again in March, and I think that in April she'll be coming up here.

I have to admit that I am a lot happier now than I was a couple of months ago.  There are some things about Las Vegas that I do not like (the Strip is one of them; that place should be bulldozed), but I am finding some things about this place that I do like.  We have a Chinatown on Spring Mountain Blvd that I need to spend some time checking out, and I'm hoping that I can talk a co-worker or two into meeting there for lunch some Saturday or Sunday. 

Work itself is challenging, as it should be.  Planning for the next generation of private spaceflight is under way, and I'm excited at being able to help develop spacecraft design.  We have lots of good ideas as to how to make things work and I'm hoping to play a major role in identifying and helping to develop the test equipment that we will need.

I do look forward when I can get some time off, and have that honeymoon with Sheila.  Nope, we haven't figured that out yet, but we've got some good ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment