Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Fat Lady Ain't Sung Yet

I had thought a week ago that at this time next week, which is now, that I might have something to pass along regarding my situation.  I don't know when I will have something to say on this.  Once I can say something, I'll tell the whole story.  This opera ain't over yet.

* * * * * *

The shooting on Parliament Hill in Ottawa was on my mind earlier today.  My thoughts and prayers are with our northern neighbors.  What happened was a senseless act of terrorism, and Prime Minister Stephen Harper isn't afraid to call it that.

Had it happened down here, President Obama would have called it "workplace violence". 
 
* * * * * * *

What is also emerged in the news (if you know where to look) is that two soldiers were run down in another act of terrorism in Quebec.  I didn't know that until I looked at the webpage for the Montreal Gazette in trying to learn more about what had happened in Ottawa.

It is unknown at this time if these events are connected or related in any way.

What is known is that they are happening.  My gut feel is that we're in for more of these.

* * * * * * *

The latest scuttlebutt on President Obama's Executive Order on "amnesty" for illegal aliens is that it will happen after the elections.  I think it's likely that there will be a runoff for Louisiana's Senate seat and that this order will come after that.

He has to know that we don't want this, and the Republican National Committee has to know the same thing, but don't expect the Republicans to do very much in addition to pretending that they don't like the amnesty. 

They said on Day One of the Obama presidency that they wanted him to "succeed".
 
* * * * * * *

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment