Sunday, September 29, 2013

Some Route 66 Pictures! Part I, Victorville CA

OK, I'm going to start posting Route 66 pictures.  I can't do this all in one post so what I'm going to do is start off with a Part I, which will be photos taken in Victorville CA.  The photos you see here were all taken on 11/30/11.  Also, the captions are below the pictures.

If you wish to see "larger" pictures, there's a way to do that.  You'll have to single click on them, whereupon you'll see a larger picture with this neat black background.  You'll have to click on the X in the upper right in order to get back to this blog.


This is 7th Street once signed as US 66, looking west.


The same street, but looking east, in my direction of travel towards Needles.


This shot is in the historic district, looking back (east).


Here I'm not too far from the left turn, which will place me on National Trails Highway, with the next major town being Barstow.  At this point I'm really excited about what lies ahead!


One last look back.  This is what you would see upon entering Victorville, if you were taking 66 from Barstow.


More pictures are coming, which will include those taken on 7/16/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment