Monday, February 8, 2010

The Saints Win It!

Like most of the nation, I tuned in to the Super Bowl yesterday. I watched the first quarter and a little of the second. Believing that the Colts were going to run away with it, I walked away from the TV set to take care of some odds and ends before returning just as the second half was about to get underway.

The onside kick surprised me just as much as anyone else. No one had ever done that in the Super Bowl before aside from the fourth quarter. That clearly put the momentum into the hands of the Saints, though the Colts weren't going to give up. I was glad that we got a good game. For a while in the 90s it seemed, that Super Bowls were blowouts where one team wiped up the field with the other. We didn't get that this time, we didn't get that last year when the Arizona Cardinals were in it, and the one before that was one of best Super Bowls......but not the best. The best Super Bowl, in my opinion, was Super Bowl XXV, although any longtime fan of the Buffalo Bills might not share that feeling.

As for the commercials, they can be summed up as follows: They stunk.
* * * * * * *

Things with Lynette are continuing to go good. It really feels great to have a girlfriend again. And, she's the most reliable one that I think I've ever had.

* * * * * * *

There is a sense of uneasiness at work. We have more people than we have work available for them. My lead was notified last week that they wouldn't be needing his services any more. He's looking within the company, though he's also spoken frequently of retiring. Me, I'm not worried. My plate is full, and threatening to overflow.

However, is there really anything out there that is really secure? I suppose gravedigging is the most secure job that there is, since it can't be outsourced to China. Then again, some illegal alien might get to do the work since he won't have to be paid as much, and doesn't need to speak English in order to operate a shovel.

* * * * * * *

That's all I have. I need to pay some bills, process some laundry, and do some cleaning. With this being a Monday, I might even go to bed early.

2 comments:

  1. How about that half-time CSI commercial? Makes one feel old when the Who are considered a 'safe' half-time show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed all of the second quarter and halftime commercials.

    I forgot to mention that I did like the "Green Police" commercial, but the rest were making me long for the return of the "Whopperettes".

    ReplyDelete