Sunday, February 28, 2021

End of February 2021

 Here we are at the end of another month.  It didn't seem that long ago that January was ending.  When was that?  I want to say that was about fifteen days ago.  I know, it's been longer than that.  But it doesn't seem like it was longer than that.

This week, I had the weekend off.  I spent a good chunk of it in pursuit of the ham radio hobby.  I was on the air yesterday and having a lot of fun with RTTY.....that is, radioteletype.  I was hoping that some DX would be rolling in but it didn't.  This afternoon I heard Cuba on 17 meters, and it would have been great to have gotten him.  That said, I've worked Cuba plenty of times.  I haven't started tracking Cuban provinces and that's something I should consider doing.  I track Mexican states, Japanese prefectures, Chilean regions and provinces, Spanish regions and provinces and Argentinian provinces.  Ham radio will teach you plenty about geography.  

On the work front, I am glad that last week is behind me.  I took the weekend off but was on call in case program management needed me for something.  I put in a full day tomorrow and I'm taking Tuesday and Wednesday for round number 2 of the surgery.  They are not charging me PTO either.  They are allowing me to flex hours from the last pay period into this one as that I was not paid for those hours.  That's nice of them.

I was going to say more, but I've been itching to try my hand at tikka masala curry, and I think it's time to sign off and get that going.  

Don't forget to pet a dog or a cat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment