Saturday, February 29, 2020

Leap Year Day, 2020

Every time there's a Leap Year Day, I try to remember something about it each time it happens.  I remember starting a new assignment on 2/29/88.  In 1980 I was sick.  I can't remember what I did on this date in 1984.  I barely remember 1992, and in 1996 I was fresh in a new job.  On 2000 I remember going to dance lessons at the Maverick and afterwards dancing with this one lady I knew named Lois.

I thought about asking Lois out, but never got around to it.  Oh, she was nice, but I didn't see relationship potential in it.

I can't remember the Leap Year Days of 2004, 2008, 2012, or 2016.  Will I remember this one?

Today I had a hearty breakfast around noon with a good ham radio friend of mine, Wendell.  Before that I worked South Carolina on 20 meters, my last state that I needed for that band.  I was on the air this evening, and there was a noteworthy QSO with an American down in Costa Rica.  I also briefly talked to Mark over the air.

Tomorrow begins March, no Bible study on the first Sunday of the month since it's Fellowship Sunday.  Next class on Revelation is a week from tomorrow.

Also we're going to need a new garage door.  I've got that to get into motion.  Sheila is preparing for enrolling in college classes.

Life goes on, and for the most part it's enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment