Tuesday, September 30, 2014

End of Month Situation Report, plus Odds and Ends.

If there's one thing that this month has taught me, is that what you think might happen at the beginning of the month may not be the same as what you think might happen when you reach the end of the month.  I'm talking specifically about the machinations that have been going on behind the scenes that I can't talk about.  In and of themselves they do suggest a light at the end of the tunnel, but at this time I don't know where the other end of that tunnel is.

Once this is over, I'll go into more detail as to what took place.  I don't know when I'll be able to do that, so please stay tuned.

* * * * * * *

The monsoon season, I think, is over.  We had an extension of it thanks to the help of a hurricane which spared Tucson from the intense rain and flooding that other areas got.  Phoenix got some flooding at the front end of the month, and I've been told they got some more a week or so ago.

I should be better informed of things like these days as far as local events go, and I try to be, but my main source of information for southern Arizona now wants to start charging for that information.  As that most of their so-called "news" is editorial opinion in the first place, I'm not paying the charge.

* * * * * * *

I think Sheila and I will end up getting married shortly after the first of the next year.  I've been more focused on fighting my forced retirement than on most other things these days.  There isn't going to be a big wedding anyway.  She doesn't want anyone there except us and the pastor.  I'm not sure, but I think state law here might require a pair of witnesses, and there are about ten people I'd like to see show up for this one.  I'd like for Mark to be the best man, as he was for my previous wedding, but if he can't make it then I've got someone else picked out who will gladly do it.
 
* * * * * * *

The honeymoon won't happen right away after the wedding.  I haven't forgotten that we'd like to do US66 for this one.  If it can be arranged, I'd like to pick up the Main Street of America in Santa Fe, and then take as much of we can of it over to Kingman, and then swing up to Las Vegas for the finale.

* * * * * * *

And that is going to be it for this entry.

Don't forget to pet a dog or a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment