Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Flurry of Activity

On Wednesday evening the 18th, longtime friend Franz came to visit.  He arrived at the airport around 9:00 PM.  The next day we went out for breakfast, and then spent a few hours at the Pima Air & Space Museum.  After that we made a run down to Tombstone.

The next day, after breakfast, we headed for Phoenix metro where we spent some time with my cousin Todd.  We were up there for two nights, with the second night having Todd's neighbor come over with his brother-in-law and Annette's nephew Bob.

We didn't spend time solving the world's problems, as most adult males are prone to do whenever gathered around barbecuing chicken and adult beverages.  Instead we were listening to some tunes.  On Sunday we left and returned to Tucson, enjoying an evening meal at a favorite Thai place of mine called Bai Thong, which is on Speedway.

Franz returned home the next morning.  I took that Monday off from work.  I relaxed some, but did do some painting on the outside.

* * * * * * *

At work we are having a salsa contest.  Teams of three each have been formed.  Each of the three on my team is bringing in a recipe.  The one nice thing about salsa is that you can do that a zillion different ways, and most of them are good.

Here's my recipe:

1 1/2 fresh tomatos
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 squeezed lime
fresh cilantro to taste
~ 3 teaspoons of salt? (to taste)
1/2 yellow onion
1 tablespoon of crushed red pepper
1 fresh jalapeno
1 fresh serrano
1 large clove of garlic, or two small cloves

Chuck all of this into a blender and hit the on switch.  When what you have in there looks like salsa, then turn the on switch off.

This will have some zing to it, and if you want it milder then substitute some green pepper for the jalapeno.  If you want rocket fuel and/or want nightmares that night, substitute habanero for the serrano.

* * * * * * *

I've spent some time this afternoon doing some more painting.  Today it was the wood trim around the garage door, after which I finished the trim on the east side of the house.

I originally wasn't going to do the garage door.  I did touch up a couple of spots when I was off last Monday, and when it dried I noticed that the patched areas looked fresher.  So, I decided to do the whole trim.

I'm rather pleased with the results.  I mean, it looks new!  The house faces north so it's not like I've got the sun wearing down my paint in that area, but now that I've done it I'm going to make the argument that the trim needed painting.

* * * * * * *

That's all I have for today.

Don't forget to pet a dog or a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment