Friday, January 27, 2012

Kathleen has passed away

Late last night I got a phone call on my cell.  The Caller ID indicated it was incoming from Kathleen.  I haven't been in contact very much with her since we broke up and the last email I got from her was nine months ago.  I answered the call, and when the caller started speaking and it wasn't her, I knew that I was in for some bad news.

The caller was the mother-in-law of her daughter Kerri, and she was asking for me.  I knew before the news was broken to me what had happened:  Kathleen had passed away.  She had had a massive stroke, and died on Saturday, the 21st, at the age of 51.

I was at a loss for words, and I still am.  The news has numbed me and has brought some memories, both joyful and painful, back to the forefront of my consciousness.

Kathleen's memorial service was this morning.  I was not able to make it due to conflict with my PT appointment.  She will be interred in Pennsylvania, next to her son, who died tragically in an accident several years ago near Philadelphia.

I am very saddened by this, but also at peace.  She was a believer and I'm sure I'll see her again on the other side.

2 comments: