Friday, December 30, 2011

Odds and Ends, 12/30/11

Effective at the stroke of midnight tomorrow, Pacific Standard Time, California will have 725 new laws on the books.  That's right......725!  Texas?  Only seven new laws.

You can read more about this in the link below (which I found interesting).

(This is the link below)

* * * * * * *

I spent Christmas here in Tucson, and not in San Jose.  One reason for going up to San Jose for Thanksgiving was that I wasn't sure if I'd be working over the holidaze or not.  We have a lot to do there and when I return to work on the 3rd of January I'm going to have to hit the ground running and put in some long hours.  My supervisor didn't want anyone coming in over the holidaze.  She told me she wanted all her people to take time off and to come back re-charged.  So, I've been off re-charging.

* * * * * * *

Another reason for not going to San Jose:  I fell on the 17th and dislocated my middle finger on my right hand.  This meant a visit to the ER at St Joe's Hospital, where my finger was re-set and then splinted.  That first splint was unwieldy and driving was difficult.

No, it wasn't the stick that was giving me the problem.

I couldn't turn the key with my right hand, nor was I able to release the parking brake with my right hand, and both of those operations are done to the right of my steering wheel.  Plus, I was in a moderate amount of pain for two days, and I figured I shouldn't be driving a long distance.

I have since been re-splinted and the new one is better.  I can type and I can write.

However, the Christmas cards will be late this year, and I still haven't done them all.  I can only do a few of them at a time before I have to rest the hand.

* * * * * * *

To be honest, I haven't thought very much about the New Year that's almost upon us.  I was up at Todd's two days ago and we decided that we want to get in some hunting, and some fishing.  Neither one of us has been duck hunting here in Arizona, and both of us want to get back into it.

I think our first fishing trip will be at Roosevelt Lake, which is, according to the Arizona Game & Fish website, a good duck hunting spot.  While we're trying to land some trout we'll also be scouting out where we can set up to find some ducks.

I don't know when we'll be out there but once my finger is done healing (I have six more weeks) I'll be feeling the itch.

* * * * * * *

That's going to be it for now.

Make sure that you pet a dog or a cat as many times as you can next year.  Make that your New Year's resolution.  It will lower your blood pressure, make you feel good, and the dog or cat will enjoy it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment